Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Everyone Loves the Fair!

I have made it a tradition to visit the state fair every year. I think I have gone about four times now. I love the fair! I don't do rides or any of those types of attractions, but the cows, sheep, goats, chickens, and, of course, the pigs are my favorite. 

I missed the fair last year because I was in Canada, but this year we had to go! I had been looking forward to it all summer. This year my mom was in town during the exact dates that the fair was running. I don't think she was as excited as the rest of us to go walk around in the rain through puddles of who-knows-what to go look at row after row of farm animals, but since the fair only comes once a year, she rallied and came with us. Little Sister, Roomie, Mom, and I spent a delightful evening engaging in my favorite late summer tradition.

First stop, the picture stands:

Little Sister and I having bushels of fun!
Mom, Little Sister, and I in the "family tree."
Little Sister and Roomie look more related in this "family tree" than I do.
I'm pretty sure I have this exact picture from 3 or 4 years ago.
Only I was the sheep this time around.
Second, there is general merriment on the way to the animal buildings:


Pals
Roomie wins!

Then, the main event!






Don't forget the veggies!


Fair food. End of story.

Roomie enjoying her fried cheesecake. 
I think in the long run, Mom had a great time at the fair.



Do you love the fair as much as I do? What is your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment