Saturday, September 10, 2011

Great Basin National Park

After my roommate's half marathon, Roomie, Sister, and I packed up and made the 4 hour trek to Baker, NV. Baker is the closest "town" to Great Basin National Park. I say "town" because it is an extremely small place with only two places to stay, two restaurants, and a convenience store (with not at all convenient hours).

Our experience in Baker was not good, unfortunately. I love little towns, so I was excited to see what this scrub-brush pitstop had to offer. Apparently, not much, except for bad food and a generally constant uncomfortable feeling. The hotel was really bad - you'll just have to trust me on this one.

But the park was GREAT! Pictures:


Sister and Roomie, killing time before
our Lehman Caves tour.
Wheeler Peak, on the right.
So, my camera didn't like the caves so much. But here are a few photos from others of Lehman Caves.

Underground Lake
Photo Credit

"Cave Bacon"
Photo Credit

Lehman Caves
Photo Credit

Lunch Break


No comments:

Post a Comment