Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Give 'Em Five 5K

In April, Roomie and I ran a 5K. I have a dream to enjoy running some day. Last year I ran, and decently finished, a half marathon. Then I fell off the running planet for almost a year, until now. I am still working on loving running, but in the mean time, here are some pictures.

Me, pounding the sidewalk.
Even though this event took place in April, it was a blizzard the whole morning. As we were all debating whether or not get out in the wet snow, the skies cleared just before gun time. It was a beautiful morning!

Roomie crossing the finish line with Debby
The charity event for this race was put on by two of my close friends. The benefit was for Mothers Without Borders to raise money to build a school for children in Zambia.


The race was great! There were many fun people out supporting Mothers Without Borders which created a nice and relaxed atmosphere. If you'd like to help Mothers Without Borders build a school in Zambia, visit their website to donate. Whether you have $5 or $5,000, every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment