Sunday, August 14, 2011

Iron Mine, Revisited

When I was growing up, my family and I frequently camped at a beautiful spot on the south slopes of the Uinta Mountains. Iron Mine Campground is at the end of a beautiful canyon road alongside the Duchesne river. We came here frequently with just the four of us, but also with our extended family as well. We rode bikes, played cards, lounged around in the river reading books, and always spent an afternoon hiking to Granddaddy Lake.

A few weekends ago, Roomie, Little Sister, and I set out to see the old campground and spend some relaxing time in the mountains. It was colder at night than we expected, but the campground was just as we remembered it. We had every intention of hiking to Granddaddy Lake, but somehow it didn't happen as we spent most of the time around the campfire.

Me and Roomie...

Me and Little Sister....What?!?

Little Sister, looking holy.



Roomie, being Roomie.

Campsite!

Sheep on the road!


And...that's about it. No exciting hikes or anything to document this time. Maybe next time I'll have some lake pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Makes me homesick! Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete