Saturday, August 13, 2011

Horseback Riding

When I was growing up, my grandma taught me to ride horses. It was a regular, weekly activity that we did after school on early days. Or sometimes on sleepover weekends, too. We learned to ride dressage, take care of the tackle, and brush and care for the horses. Those were great times and I feel very lucky to have been able to learn those skills. It was fantastic to be able to ride then, as well as at other times in my life, not to mention all of the fun Grandma, Little Sister, and I had together!

For Roomie's birthday, she wanted to go horseback riding. Her grandfather owns a cabin in the Uinta mountains where he keeps horses. We rode up an old trail into the high mountains, up streams, down sage-brush slopes, and through aspen groves. I even lost my hat when Buck brushed too close to a pine tree.

Old Man Gamble, who is Roomie's horse
Buck, my horse
Bandit, Grandpa's new horse
Me and Buck - Giddy up!
Out on the trail
Roomie out on the trail

No comments:

Post a Comment